Again, in preparation for Thanksgiving (but good all year) I am posting recipes that I know work out well, but for which I do not currently have photos. This is another great vegan recipe – and who doesn’t love corn muffins? These are moist and full of that corn flavor you look for in a good corn muffin. And while they are wonderful for Thanksgiving, they also go great with my Vegetable Chili. Look for photos around Thanksgiving.
Lisa’s Eggless Corn Muffins
Yield: About 2 Dozen
3 cups cornmeal, preferably stone ground
3 cups all-purpose, unbleached flour
3 tablespoons baking powder
6 tablespoons sugar
½ Tablespoon salt
¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
3 cups milk (can substitute soy milk)
9 Tablespoons Earth Balance Buttery Vegan Sticks, melted
1 can (15.2 oz.) corn kernels, drained or 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400◦F
- Spray standard-size non-stick muffin tins with Pam or line with paper cups
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the milk, applesauce and melted butter until everything is smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, mixing just until blended. DO NOT OVER-MIX
- Spoon into muffin tins, filling each cup completely.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until just golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Immediately turn out of the pans and enjoy.
NOTE: These can be frozen and reheated in the microwave or oven.