My co-workers and I were discussing cookbooks that we love and this one that Gwyneth Paltrow wrote came up.
To be honest, I was not thrilled with the book overall, but this recipe stood out and became a perfect base for a weeknight Salmon with Kimchi recipe that I also recently found. It’s very easy to make, and feels incredibly nutritious.
- 1/2 lb kale, stems discarded
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly diced
- 2 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- about 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Cut the kale leaves in half lengthwise and then cut crosswise into 1″ chunks.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan until hot, and then add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. Toss in the kale and cook until the leaves are cooked down.
- Add the scallions, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the brown rice and stir everything for about 2-3 minutes. Add the soy sauce and stir for about another minute.
Adapted from Gwyneth Paltrow’s My Father’s Daughter