I used to live right above a Le Pain Quotidien and as it was one of the few restaurants in my neighborhood where I could just sit with my newspaper and eat my favorite soft boiled eggs. They also had some light, rustic French fare that included this tasty quinoa salad.
We try to pack our lunches during the week, and lately I’ve been making a lot of quinoa salads, but it felt time to mix up the type of quinoa salad. I suddenly remembered this one, and it ended up also being a delicious brunch when set over some lightly dressed arugula and a side of avocado toast.
Add some eggs and then you truly have a healthy but elaborate brunch. Bon Appetit!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 medium beet, chopped (I like to buy the precooked, prepeeled beets and just dice them)
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
If you’re serving this over an arugula salad… then also:
- 2 cups arugula per serving
And if you want to add eggs…
- 3-4 eggs/person
- Begin by preparing the Quinoa salad. In a medium bowl, mix the cooked quinoa, beet, parsley, and chickpeas. Add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper until fully incorporated.
- If you’re serving over arugula, add arugula to your serving plates, and then add about a cup of the quinoa salad.
- If you also want to add eggs, heat olive oil on a medium sized skilled, crack your eggs into the skillet and cook for about 5-10 minutes until the whites are not runny anymore. Serve on top of everything else!
Adapted from Le Pain Quotidien, Quinoa Taboule Salad Recipe.
2 thoughts on “Beet and Chickpea Quinoa Salad”