I love baking some fresh fish for dinner and am always trying to mix up the sides that I serve it with. Recently I bought a bunch of asparagus but then after adding dill and almonds thought, this is kind of something I do all the time.
While rooting around my produce drawer in the refrigerator, I happened to discover some bell peppers I’d nearly forgotten about that I had purchased recently at the farmer’s market. I sliced it up, added it to the asparagus and boom! Pretty and yummy appetizer of roasted vegetables.
I also had started to make something like a tzatziki when I realized that I was missing most of the ingredients, but then I ended up just discovering that a little bit of Greek yogurt, mixed with some lemon juice, salt and pepper results in a wonderful sauce that went well not only with these roasted vegetables, but also with the white fish that I ended up serving as the main meal.
For the Greek yogurt sauce
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Vegetables
- One bunch asparagus
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- handful of sliced almonds
- salt pepper to taste
- Lemon zest (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss the asparagus and sliced bell peppers in olive oil and then spread on a sheet of foil covering a baking pan.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper, dill and almonds over the veggies.
- Roast for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, for the sauce, mix the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper until thoroughly mixed together.
- To serve, spread some of the sauce on a plate, and then place the roasted vegetables on the sauce once they are cooked. (Optional: add some lemon zest)